We don’t mean to sound pedantically but we’re kind of curious to find out what you know about ADE. Not just this year’s edition but its overall, bigger story? We’re talking about those fun facts you could use to impress your fellow #AMF2016 buddies. Or simply yourself. By having become such an expert on ADE. Learn these by heart. Or don’t. Either way, we hope you’ll enjoy AMF and ADE as much as we do and maybe even a little bit more now that you’re aware of its magnitude and broad influence on both the Dutch and the international scene.
1. The foundation behind Amsterdam Dance Event’s called… The Amsterdam Dance Event Foundation. We understand if this doesn’t comes as a complete shocker. However, did you know that its complete range of daytime conferences consists of 7 different kinds? All with a clear focus on EDM and the objective to push the industry forward off course. Whether you’re headed to ADE Green, ADE Pro, ADE Tech, HDE, ADE University, ADE Next or ADE Beamlab; you’re bound to be inspired, surprised, teached, amazed or simply triggered in more than many ways.
2. The very first edition of ADE ever was held in 1996 where its focus laid on the ‘Leidseplein’ - one of Amsterdam’s most popular squares. All its daytime activities were held at De Balie [head over there to enjoy the hustle and bustle of this busy square] and the all the nightly shows were being hosted by surrounding venues such as Paradiso, Melkweg and Club Escape.
3. ADE conference, as the latter’s called is considered one of the most influencing and significant of its kind. Its wide range of networking possibilities and clear focus on talent growth attracts many visitors.
4. Speaking of which.. Last year’s edition of ADE united over 375.000 visitors and fans from all over the world holding over 100 different nationalities. Talking about a melting pot!
5. The ADE Festival, which primarily takes place at night consists of a staggering 450 events with more than 2,200 performing artists in 115 of the most iconic, important or simply coolest venues in town.
This and many other reasons make ADE that bucket list destination! What better place to celebrate music than AMF 2016 then?